How to Change Windows 7 Logon Screen Background?
This is Guest Post By T.Saikrishna,India of TSKSOFT
Who Blog at http://www.tsksoft.blogspot.com/
How would you like to change the logon screen background in Windows 7 so as to give your Windows a customized look and feel? With a small tweak it is possible to customize the Windows 7 logon screen and set your own picture/wallpaper as the background. Changing logon screen background in Windows 7 is as simple as changing your desktop wallpaper. Well here is a step by step instruction to customize the
logon screen background.
1. The image you need to set as the background should be a .jpg file and it’s size should not exceed 245KB.
2. The image resolution can be anything of your choice. However I prefer 1440 x 900 or1024 x 768. You can use any of the photo editing software such as Photoshop to compress and set the resolution for your
image. Once you’re done, save this image as backgroundDefault.jpg.
3. You will need to copy this image to
4. Now open the Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> Type regedit) and
navigate to the following key
select New and then DWORD and name it OEMBackground.
5. Double-click on OEMBackground and set the Value Data to 1.
6. Now log-off to see the new logon screen background. If you would like to revert back to the default background, just set the Value Data back to 0.